Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Blue spots

A couple of mornings ago I woke up with blue spots all over my chest and arms.  The spots are flat and about the size of the end of a bic pen.  They did not itch but they do now.  I have well over a 100 spots in random order.

Living in different country makes diseases seem worse.  I decided I better have a doctor check it out.  Yay my first visit to a Romanian clinic! (sigh)

Let's just say the clinic is not what I am accustomed too.  I am not for sure but I think the next patient is the person that can get to the door faster than anyone else. There was a small lack of order and by small I mean none at all. The poor receptionists is more of a bouncer than a time keeper.  It doesn't matter the doctor was willing to see me.  I was grateful.

He diagnosed me with veirsat de vant.  Literally translated means "pouring of the wind" or we call it chicken pox.

I did not think that to be right.  I had chicken pox when I was younger plus I did not feel ill.  On my way home I saw my neighbors.  They had been on a 3 day trip to the delta.  It was good to see them. He went to shake my hand until I told him what the doctor said I had.

I wanted a second opinion.  So me and a friend went to Tulcea to see a dermatologists.  She said it might be an allergic reaction to something.  I can't think of what it might be.  Tomorrow if the spots are still persistent I will go to Constanza for a third opinion.  That might sound extreme but the first doctor diagnosed me with chicken pox... chicken pox.

I am hoping this is not serious or contagious. This week we were planning on going to the orphanage in Issacea to visit our girls.  I have not been to the Babadag home for a week because of our trip to obtain our visas.  This guy needs some good ministry time.  Tomorrow night I will teach english at the small church we are attending.  Lord willing. Life overall is good here. I can see real opportunities for ministry.

Our language is starting to click now.  I can have whole conversations (as long as they are shallow) with people.  We are looking for a car but they are expensive so we are just waiting for the right one to show up.

Thanks for the prayers.  Share with others about the blog please.  I hear several people are printing this off to share. THANKS!!




eli

3 comments:

  1. I think it's smurf disease...those pixels will eventually fill in. I got my degree from Chişinău.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see the movie... regrettably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should connect your spots. It might be a sign.

    ReplyDelete