Wednesday, August 17, 2011

forest fruits

Update on Larry.  We went hiking in the woods this morning.  We were hunting the elusive forest fruits.  Larry was eating them up so I did the same. So far so good as far as my digestive system goes.  I wanted to finish hearing Larry's answer to the question are you a Christian.  I brought up our two day old conversation and he finished it. He is a Christian.  He is frustrated with the Orthodox Church and he has been somewhat chastised by his family and friends because.... he reads his Bible.  His views on scripture, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is identical to what I believe.  It was an incredible hike. It seems that he is very excited that we are here and looks forward to see what God will do with our lives here.  God is so good.  Larry leaves tomorrow for a job interview in the capital.  Sheena and I made him a travel package for his train ride.

Larry told me about a Gypsy Temple in the woods that I will go visit next. He says they sacrifice animals at the temple.  okay bye bye now

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I'm "Larry", in fact my real name is Simion Laurentiu. But you can say Larry, there is no problem.
    Regarding the gypsy temple, the romanian name is "coiun baba" or "mormantul lui Osman pasa". You can find more details about that if you read the book regarding Babadag city, named "Monografia orasului Babadag" written by Cintian Barbuleanu. I hope there is an english version of this book. In any case, you will be very disappointed about what you will see at "the temple"....I hope you not understand wrong. I never sacrificed animals at the temple. When I was boy, I just saw how the gypsy had sacrificed a sheep, there. The gypsy asked me where is "the temple" and I showed him . But I am not agree about what happened there. Perhaps was not a good idea to show him the way. I am also disappointed about "that temple".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Laurentiu. We had a great time at your parents the other night. Praying that God will give you a great job. I should have wrote He says the Gypsy people sometimes sacrifice animals there. That would have been more clear. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete