Friday, August 12, 2011

Stateside I was a volunteer fireman for the Nemaha Volunteer Fire Department.  I only went to a handful of fires but all had something in common.  We were rushing in when others were running away.  Romania is much like a burning fire.  Most people I talk to leave the country for work or their children are out of the country working.  I ask me self about 100 times a day, "Why are we here?"

We are here for a girl like Alina.  Her parents left her in a mental/orphange/old folks home and went to Spain.  Alina does not know when her parents are returning if ever.  She speaks some English and wants to learn more.  We hope to reach her for Christ.  We are here for a guys like Adrain.  He can't walk and wants to know why God made his legs without the capability of walking.  Who will explain it to him?  We are her for a group of orphan girls and boys that need to know Christ.  As I read scripture there are two groups of people that we are called to watch over the widows and orphans.  As people flee Romania the church is rushing in.  

I believe Romania has a younger generation of people ready to be apart of a church that is alive and not steeped in tradition. I know much like fighting a fire it will be hard work, demanding, and will take team work.  

We want to thank you for reading this and being apart of reaching Romania. eliwdavidson@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Please feel free to comment here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all! Let me know if you need anything specific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the man. So proud and excited about what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete