Friday, August 19, 2011

a system of control

You will go to hell if you start to read your Bible and don't read it in its entirety.  Besides who are you to read the Bible you are not trained enough to read it in the right way.  These two phrases are preached from the pulpits of the Orthodox keep Romanians from opening up God's word for themselves.  I now know people who believe these phrases.

The system is brilliant. The government salaried priest can now tell their flocks whatever they want and the Romanians have to believe them.  This is not a church but a system of control.  This is not a way of bring salvation through Jesus Christ but away to keep people in the dark.  My heart breaks for these people.  It reminds me so much of the Israel Jesus found when he was with us.  A church that was built on rules and not worship. Reading the Gospels have a whole new meaning.  On the flip side I have meet at least one person who has read the Bible for himself and believes the same things I do.  I had Sunday School teachers, great ministers, great parents that educated and trained me the way I should go. My friend had himself the Holy Spirit and the Bible.  There is hope for Romania through the scripture.

Pray for Romanian people so they will open the word and discover what God has for their lives.


1 comment:

  1. Matthew chapter 23 verse 13

    http://www.bibleontheweb.com/Bible.asp

    http://www.bibliaortodoxa.ro/carte.php?id=55&cap=23

    http://www.romanialibera.ro/actualitate/eveniment/salarii-mai-mari-pentru-preoti-117361.html

    ReplyDelete