Friday, August 26, 2011

monster fish

I like to watch American TV with Romanian subtitles to help reinforce what I am learning.  It was during a show called Monster Fish the Holy Spirit started working on me.  Let me explain.

A few weeks ago I finished a book called Great Missionary Heroes.   Great book full of missionaries who sought out lost tribes in the middle of Africa and South America.  These are missionaries who did not see barriers. Despite language, wild animals, warriors, distance, and sickness they trudge on and took Christ to where most... okay I am back.  Our first load of wood came!!! These missionaries took Christ to people that would make most of us uncomfortable even to watch on TV.  These men where pioneers. They are my heroes.

Enter Eli Davidson.  Move to Romania and use language as a barrier.  Move to Romania and use government employees as a barrier.  Move to Romania and use what will people think of me as a barrier.  Move to Romania and use .... you name it.  How pathetic.

Monster fish is about at guy that travels to the ends of the earth to catch big fish.  Nothing stops him.  That is when I decided I don't need a translator I don't need to worry about the Romanian government.  God brought us here and He is going to use us.

Today I went to the Babadag mental/retirement home.  My mission was to speak with the director with what little Romanian I know then track down Alina and help her study her English.  I know it sounds so incredibly simple but for whatever reason I have been afraid to do this since the last American team left.

Alina light up when the director told her I was there.  She immediately got out her books and started reading in English.  (she has no idea what she is reading) What a great experience!

I don't want you to think that I have not been working.  We have been studying language like crazy and working around the house.  We have been doing ministry as long as we have a translator.

My encouragement to you is do not allow barriers in your life.  God is bigger. Alina and I now have plans to meet more often.  Who knows what God will do with this new relationship.  What can God do in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment